Online Job for All. Work from home computer.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Quitting my amateur band


The Carousel

Andy - vocals (Filipina)
Marlon - Rhythm guitar (Filipino)
Myself - lead guitar (Filipino)
Sweet - Bass (Thai)
Rafik - Drums (Egyptian)

Last May 26th was my last participation of our band rehearsal. We are somewhat like a cover band. Although our vocalist got 2 original songs, which is pretty cool. 

Here are my reasons:

1. I really love playing music (guitar) but it's not my first priority. Family first. And since our second child is on the way, I reckon I can't give any more time to the band.

2. There's no clear plan if where this band practice leads us to. We practice the same songs for like over a year, but still we don't know if we can make money with it. I'm being practical here. There were already places/bars that we thought we can play a set or two there, but it all just gone in a wind. That doesn't really motivates me. I know, our band members said, it's alright, we will practice more and more so that whenever somebody will offer us a place then we can play right away. But common, I heard that almost a year ago. LOL.

3. I'm going to focus on my classes, especially the part time once. Tiring but there's a clearer output. Earn and save money for the family.

So to my ex-band mates, I'll say I'm really sorry. Anyway, good luck and may you'll find way to get yourself a taste of a little bit of success in the music world. 

For me, I am not going to cease playing my guitar in my place. You know how much I love music. I even wanted to buy some gadgets for recording, but not too soon. Let's say, one or two years from now. Knock on the keyboard. 

So readers, any suggestions and comments about my decision? Did I do the right thing or not? 

To each his own. 

Thanks for dropping by.

No comments: